Facetite harnesses the power of radiofrequency (RF) energy to induce heat that effectively tightens the skin, leading to a noticeable reduction in sagging, fine lines, wrinkles, and an overall rejuvenated appearance. The radiofrequency energy also dissolves and removes unwanted fat eliminating the double chin or jowls that come with age.  This dual-action approach can result in improved facial contours and a reduction in the signs of aging in the lower face. If you’re not fully prepared for a facelift just yet, this groundbreaking, minimally-invasive treatment is able to address both excess fat and sagging skin on the lower face without surgery.
Dr. Robert G. Bonillas, based in Scottsdale, AZ, is delighted to provide his patients with the advanced Facetite procedure at his state-of-the-art Scottsdale Plastics office. Patients can expect a convenient and straightforward procedure that eliminates the need for anesthesia, overnight hospital stays, or prolonged recovery periods. With Dr. Bonillas’ extensive experience and board certification, patients can trust in his expertise and skill to deliver excellent results. Find out what Facetite can do to keep your face looking as tight as the face of younger years. Call (480) 245-6380 or fill out our online form to get started.
- 1 What is Facetite?
- 2 What are the Benefits of Facetite?
- 3 Ideal Candidates
- 4 Personal Consultation
- 5 Preparing for Facetite
- 6 The Procedure
- 7 What is Recovery Like After Facetite?
- 8 The Results of Facetite
- 9 What is the Cost of Facetite in Scottsdale, AZ?
- 10 References
What is Facetite?
Radiofrequency (RF) refers to a type of energy that is commonly used in medical and cosmetic treatments. It is a form of electromagnetic radiation that operates at a frequency range between about 3 kilohertz (kHz) and 300 gigahertz (GHz).  RF energy is often harnessed for various purposes due to its ability to safely generate heat when applied to tissues.
The skin is composed of various layers, including the epidermis (outermost layer) and the dermis (deeper layer). The dermis contains collagen and elastin fibers, which provide structural support and elasticity to the skin. When RF energy is applied to the skin during procedures like Facetite, it heats the dermal tissues, causing collagen fibers to contract and stimulating the production of new collagen resulting in a remarkable surface contraction of up to 45%. 
The Facetite device has a probe coated with silicone and a plastic tip to prevent any harm to the skin’s deeper layers. During the procedure, the RF energy heats up the subcutaneous fat near the skin’s surface, causing it to coagulate. The external electrode has sensors that send information to a connected console. This console responds by regulating the delivery of RF energy. If the dermal temperature starts to rise to potentially harmful levels, the console automatically turns off the RF energy. The temperature is monitored very frequently, ten times per millisecond, to ensure safety. 
What Areas Can FaceTite Treat?
FaceTite can be used to treat various areas of the face and neck. Some common treatment areas include:
- Tighten sagging skin along the jawline and reduce the appearance of jowls, resulting in a more defined and youthful jawline contour.
- Address loose skin and excess fat in the neck area, commonly known as a “turkey neck,” by tightening the skin and improving neck contours.
- Reduce the appearance of a double chin by targeting excess fat and tightening the skin in that area.
- Improve the appearance of deep lines or folds that run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth, known as nasolabial folds.
- Target the lines or wrinkles that extend vertically from the corners of the mouth to the jawline, called marionette lines, to provide a smoother and more youthful appearance.
What are the Benefits of Facetite?
Facetite incorporates real-time temperature feedback, which enables precise control of the dermal treatment site to achieve a specific target temperature. This capability ensures optimal and controlled delivery of the radiofrequency energy, enhancing the effectiveness and safety of the procedure.
Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
Facetite is a minimally-invasive procedure that provides noticeable results without the need for more extensive surgery. It is a suitable option for individuals who wish to avoid the risks, downtime, and scarring associated with surgical interventions like facelifts.
Precision and Customization
The Facetite procedure allows for precise targeting of specific areas of concern, such as the jawline, neck, and double chin. The energy delivery can be controlled and adjusted to meet individual needs, ensuring optimal results tailored to each patient’s unique facial anatomy and goals.
Facetite not only tightens the skin but also addresses excess fat. The RF energy dissolves and removes unwanted fat in the chin and neck while simultaneously promoting skin contraction.
Compared to surgical procedures, Facetite typically involves shorter recovery times. While some mild swelling and bruising may occur, most patients can resume their normal activities relatively quickly. The procedure allows for a faster return to daily routines compared to more invasive surgical options.
Facetite aims to enhance the natural features of the face rather than creating an artificial or “overdone” appearance. The gradual skin tightening and contouring effects provided by Facetite can result in natural-looking outcomes that appear refreshed and rejuvenated.
Facetite is particularly beneficial for individuals who have mild to moderate skin laxity and excess fat in the chin and neck. It can address concerns such as sagging skin, jowls, and loss of facial definition by providing skin tightening and contouring effects.
Some younger patients may choose Facetite as a preventive measure to slow down the signs of aging and maintain a youthful appearance as they age. Patients of all ages who prefer non-surgical procedures that offer noticeable results without the risks and downtime associated with surgery will love the Facetite procedure.
It’s important for patients to have realistic expectations and understand that Facetite may not be suitable. Should that be the case, Dr. Bonillas can suggest alternative methods of rejuvenation during the consultation appointment.
Patients in Mesa, Tempe, Gilbert, and Scottsdale, AZ can schedule their appointment with Dr. Bonillas to learn more about the Facetite procedure and what it can do to combat the signs of aging on their face. Patients will undergo a thorough evaluation to determine candidacy before Dr. Bonillas opens the floor for questions about this or any procedure or treatment he offers.
With his board certification and surgical experience, Dr. Bonillas has an elevated understanding of facial anatomy which means he can see what’s going on beneath the surface, almost as if he had x-ray vision. He will take into account things like your age, whether you are a smoker, your sun exposure, and more to determine how you will respond to treatment.
Preparing for Facetite
To ensure a safe and successful procedure, there are certain substances and medications you should avoid prior to the operation:
- Refrain from smoking, vaping, and using nicotine products
- Abstain from consuming alcohol for a minimum of two weeks prior to your appointment
- Unless specifically approved by Dr. Bonillas, avoid naturopathic or herbal medications prior to the procedure.
- Discontinue the use of aspirin, Advil, ibuprofen, and any other blood thinners.
- Avoid the use of garlic extract, fish oils, vitamin E supplements, and arnica.
Before the treatment, the patient’s skin is cleaned and then, to make sure the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort, the area where the procedure will be done is numbed.
When you’re prepared for the procedure, a tiny incision is made through which the FaceTite cannula is inserted. This slender tube releases radiofrequency energy, which travels to a matching electrode that smoothly moves along the surface of your skin in perfect synchronization with the internal cannula. Dr. Bonillas will adjust the treatment settings to certain levels of energy to reach a specific temperature on the surface of the skin.
After the procedure, the skin will be cleaned again and a dressing will be applied.
What is Recovery Like After Facetite?
Following the procedure, patients typically require a few days of rest at home. During the initial 48 hours, a compression garment is worn to aid in the healing process. While mild swelling may persist for up to 2 weeks, patients can resume work, and regular activities, and wear makeup once the compression garment is removed.
The Results of Facetite
One of the standout features of FaceTite is the relatively quick timeline for visible results. Some patients may notice improvements as early as two weeks after the procedure. While optimal results are typically observed around the three-month mark, it’s important to note that the benefits of FaceTite can continue to manifest for up to a year after the initial treatment. This extended timeframe allows for gradual and natural enhancements to take place, ensuring long-lasting and satisfying outcomes.
What is the Cost of Facetite in Scottsdale, AZ?
The cost of your Facetite procedure will depend on factors that Dr. Bonillas will be happy to discuss with you during the consultation process. See a slender, youthful, rejuvenated face when you look in the mirror by calling (480) 245-6380 today!
- Alizadeh Z, Halabchi F, Mazaheri R, Abolhasani M, Tabesh M. Review of the Mechanisms and Effects of Noninvasive Body Contouring Devices on Cellulite and Subcutaneous Fat. International Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2016;14(4). https://doi.org/10.5812/ijem.36727
- Romanenko S, Begley R, Harvey AR, Hool L, Wallace VP. The interaction between electromagnetic fields at megahertz, gigahertz and terahertz frequencies with cells, tissues and organisms: risks and potential. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 2017;14(137). https://doi.org/10.1098/rsif.2017.0585
- Kang JS, Cho SE, Nam SM, Park ES. Nonexcisional, Minimally Invasive Rejuvenation of the Neck Using Radiofrequency Tissue Tightening (FaceTite(TM)). Archives of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. 2015;21(3):91-95. https://doi.org/10.14730/aaps.2015.21.3.91