Breast augmentation revision is a surgery performed to make corrections or changes to existing breast implants; this procedure can correct any deformities resulting from a previous breast augmentation, replace worn-out implants, reduce the implant size, and reposition the implants for better symmetry. Common reasons patients may need a revision include capsular contracture, implant rupture or leakage, implant displacement, and dissatisfaction with the size or shape of the original breast augmentation. Undergoing breast augmentation surgery is a personal decision. If the initial results are not what the patient expected, it can be difficult to go through with a second operation. There may be concerns about how this next surgery will play out–will the outcomes finally meet expectations?
Luckily, patients in Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, & Gilbert, AZ, have a skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon who can ensure the safest revision possible. Through his extensive experience, Dr. Robert G. Bonillas can provide a better understanding of what to expect during and after surgery–and, ultimately, a more favorable result. Dr. Bonillas can also assist in selecting the best implants for individual patient needs and goals while minimizing potential risks. The most important factor in breast augmentation revision is finding the right surgeon for the job. Dr. Bonillas has a long track record of successful results and satisfied patients. Patients can trust that he will go above and beyond to ensure the best possible outcome of their revision surgery. Contact Scottsdale Plastics today to schedule a consultation and learn more about breast augmentation revision. Fill out our onlin form or call (480) 245-6380 to get started.
Do you know about the Beauty Talk blog? Beauty Talk is a platform to learn more about the latest procedures and treatments for full-body beauty. Check back often, and let’s talk beauty!
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 Why Do Patients in Arizona Need Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
- 3 What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation Revision?
- 4 Ideal Candidates for Breast Augmentation Revision
- 5 Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparing for Your Revision Surgery
- 7 The Breast Augmentation Revision Procedure
- 8 Recovery After Surgery
- 9 What are the Results of Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
- 10 What is the Cost of Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery in Arizona?
- 11 References
Before and After Photos
Why Do Patients in Arizona Need Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
Breast augmentation revision surgery is not a procedure that should be taken lightly. It is important for patients to understand why a revision may be necessary and what the risks of surgery are before taking the plunge.
Common reasons patients may need a revision include:
- Capsular contracture refers to the hardening of tissue around the implant, which can cause pain, deformation in breast shape, and/or an unnatural feel to the breasts. The most common complication of aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery is capsular contracture. 
- Implant rupture or leakage is when a tear or hole in the implant shell leads to deflation or leakage of the silicone gel; this can cause pain, a change in breast shape, or both.
- Implant displacement happens when the implant shifts from its initial placement, either within or outside of the pocket, causing an uneven breast profile.
- Patients may not be happy with their initial results due to size or shape.
Maybe it’s been a decade since you got your implants, and now it’s time for a refresh. Or you want to reduce the size of your current implants because it feels more like you, and your lifestyle has changed. Whatever your reason, Dr. Bonillas and his team in Scottsdale can help you achieve the results you dream of.
Dr. Bonillas’ Expertise and Experience With Breast Augmentation Revision
Dr. Robert G. Bonillas has the expertise and experience necessary for successful breast augmentation revision surgery. He is skilled in correcting deformities resulting from previous surgeries, replacing worn-out implants, and adjusting existing implants to help patients achieve their desired look. He recognizes that each patient is unique and takes the time to understand individual goals to provide them with safe, effective results.
If you’re ready to revise your breast augmentation surgery, Dr. Bonillas can help you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bonillas and learn more about breast augmentation revision surgery.
What are the Benefits of Breast Augmentation Revision?
Some patients who are ready to remove their implants completely have the option of breast implant removal, but for patients looking to adjust or revise their existing implants, the benefits of breast augmentation revision are significant.
The most notable benefit is improved results. With Dr. Bonillas’ knowledge and experience, he can expertly assess the individual case and suggest the best course of action to achieve an optimal outcome. He will consider factors such as the type of implant used, the current condition of the breast tissue, and a patient’s desired look to ensure satisfaction.
- In addition to improved aesthetics, revision surgery can also address any potential physical complications that may arise from the original implant placement. For example, if a patient is experiencing pain or discomfort due to capsular contracture, breast augmentation revision can relieve their symptoms.
- Patients can also experience better comfort after a successful revision surgery due to improved implant positioning or size.
- Improved symmetry and shape can also lead to increased confidence and self-esteem.
By undergoing breast augmentation revision surgery with Dr. Bonillas, patients can finally achieve the look they have been dreaming of for years. With his state-of-the-art techniques and personalized care, you can be sure you’ll have the best experience and results. Contact us today to learn more about your options and how we can help you get the breasts you hoped for the first time around!
Ideal Candidates for Breast Augmentation Revision
Patients considering breast augmentation revision should be in good physical and mental health. They must also have realistic expectations for their results, including scarring, overall appearance, shape, symmetry, position, natural-looking results, and feel. 
Good candidates may include those who have experienced:
- Implant rupture or leakage
- Implant displacement
- Dissatisfaction with results
- Pain caused by capsular contracture
- Implant visibility or rippling
- Asymmetry of the breasts due to implant placement or size
- Changes in breast size or shape due to weight gain/loss, pregnancy, or aging
Dr. Bonillas takes the time to understand each patient’s individual goals and expectations for their revision surgery. He will then suggest the best course of action to achieve a natural-looking, long-lasting outcome and reasonable expectations.
If you are ready to revamp your look and feel more confident in your body, contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Bonillas and learn more about breast augmentation revision surgery. Together, we can help you achieve the beautiful, natural-looking breasts you’ve always wanted.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Bonillas will discuss your desired outcome and review any prior medical records or imaging studies to determine the best action plan for successful revision surgery. He will also consider your:
- Body frame
- Breast tissue
Dr. Bonillas will then examine the breasts and discuss implant options, preferred placement, and any potential risks or complications associated with the surgery. He will also describe what to expect during and after the procedure to ensure patient safety and satisfaction.
For patient safety and comfort, Dr. Bonillas uses only FDA-approved implants and materials for breast augmentation revision procedures. He also utilizes the most advanced techniques and tools to achieve consistent results superior to those of other surgeons.
If you have been unsatisfied with your current implants and want to discuss your options with a board-certified surgeon, call us at (480) 245-6380.
Preparing for Your Revision Surgery
You’ve been through this before, so you have a good idea of what to expect. Still, Dr. Bonillas will review all the details during your consultation and provide you with pre-operative instructions tailored to your needs.
Before your surgery, you will be asked to
- Stop taking certain medications or supplements
- Avoid consuming alcohol a few days before your procedure
- Get lab work and other tests to ensure you are healthy enough for surgery
- Refrain from smoking several weeks before the procedure
- Schedule ultrasound imaging for your breasts
- Arrange for someone to drive you home after the operation
Dr. Bonillas and his staff understand that choosing to undergo surgery is a big decision. That’s why we are here to provide you with the resources and support needed for a successful outcome. We encourage patients to ask questions, express concerns, and discuss their expectations before making any final decisions regarding breast augmentation revision.
The Breast Augmentation Revision Procedure
Last time, you may have begun your surgery without any previous incisions. This time, however, Dr. Bonillas may need to make a few small adjustments to existing incisions to access the implant pocket and remove the old implants. Depending on what needs to be done, he may also use an endoscope (tiny camera) inserted through one of these incisions to get a better view of the area. 
Once all revisions have been made, Dr. Bonillas will insert the new implants carefully into place and check for symmetry, size, and shape before closing the incisions. Afterward, you will be taken to a recovery room until cleared by our team.
Recovery After Surgery
Immediately following surgery, you may feel some tenderness or discomfort in the breasts, but this should subside soon with the help of oral pain medication. Though you may experience some swelling and bruising, these will gradually fade. Most patients can return to their normal activities within 1-2 weeks.
Dr. Bonillas will provide additional instructions for postoperative care, such as how to manage your medications, what type of bra to wear, and when you can start exercising again. He will also schedule follow-up appointments to ensure your recovery is going smoothly.
It is important to follow these instructions closely to ensure a safe and successful recovery. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask Dr. Bonillas or one of our knowledgeable staff members. We want you to be well-informed and comfortable after the surgery.
To schedule a consultation, please get in touch with Dr. Bonillas’s scheduling coordinator at (480) 245-6380.
What are the Results of Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery?
When performed by an experienced plastic surgeon like Dr. Bonillas, breast augmentation revision surgery can help you achieve your breasts’ desired look and feel. The improved shape and size will be long-lasting, provided that you maintain a healthy lifestyle; this includes maintaining your weight at the time of surgery.
Patients having undergone revision surgery often feel more confident and comfortable in their bodies. They also experience:
- Less pain
- Improved symmetry
- More natural-looking shape
At Scottsdale Plastics, we understand the need for breast augmentation revision surgery and are committed to helping you achieve the look and feel you desire. With our personalized approach, comprehensive care, and experienced staff, you can be sure that your surgery will be safe and successful. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and start your journey to a new you.
What is the Cost of Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery in Arizona?
The cost of breast augmentation revision surgery in Arizona varies based on several factors, such as the type and size of implants used, any additional procedures that may be needed such as breast lift, and other fees. At Scottsdale Plastics, we do our best to make this procedure affordable for our patients. Contact us to determine if this procedure can help you look and feel your best!
Call (480) 245-6380 to get started on your journey to loving your breasts again.
- Adams WP. Capsular Contracture: What is It? What Causes It? How Can It Be Prevented and Managed? Clinics in Plastic Surgery. 2009;36(1):119-126. doi:10.1016/j.cps.2008.08.007
- Snell L, McCarthy C, Klassen A, et al. Clarifying the Expectations of Patients Undergoing Implant Breast Reconstruction: A Qualitative Study. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2010;126(6):1825-1830. doi:10.1097/PRS.0b013e3181f44580
- Hidalgo, David A. M.D.. Breast Augmentation: Choosing the Optimal Incision, Implant, and Pocket Plane. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery: May 2000 – Volume 105 – Issue 6 – p 2202-2216 https://journals.lww.com/plasreconsurg/Abstract/2000/05000/Breast_Augmentation__Choosing_the_Optimal.47.aspx